I am extremely honored to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Sandy from Kinder~Gardening. Thank you SO much, Sandy! (Insert happy dance here :) )
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite”. This award is the “favorite blog award” then. I am humbled to have been nominated, especially since there are SO many amazing teaching blogs.
To accept the nomination I must:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them
Here are Sandy's questions for me:
1. Name your 3 favorite movies. These are oldies but goodies: Ever After, Love Actually, and A Muppet Christmas Carol. These are all movies that have sentimental value to me, as well. :)
2. What's you favorite Ben and Jerry's ice cream? Oooh, I love ALL Ben & Jerry's ice cream, but I think 'Cherry Garcia' might be my favorite. It has chunks of chocolate and cherries. Mmmm :)
3. Name a famous person who gets on your nerves. Kris Jenner and Kim Kardashian (That's two....sorry!)
4. First car you ever owned. Ford Mustang. I worked at Pondersosa to save the $. It was used and cost $800.
5. What's your favorite flower? I love the Bird of Paradise flower, probably because I see it in San Diego, which is my favorite place in the world!
6. Best present you've ever given? I love giving presents. I can hardly keep it a secret. I think giving my man a Garmin might have been the smartest present because he travels a lot and what man likes to stop to ask directions!?!
7. Happiest moment of your life? When my children were born. (Talk about powerful) :)
8. Vacation spot furthest from your home? Hawaii is probably the furthest I have traveled to go on vacation.
9. Most you've ever payed for a meal? Probably about $200 total for two people is the most I have spent for a complete meal.
10. Worst class in college? Economics! (Which is somewhat funny because my oldest brother taught Economics for K-State)
11. Wine. White or red? In the summer months I prefer white wine, but when the weather is cooler I am a red wine girl. :)
Here are 11 random facts about me:
- I am the youngest of eight children
- My oldest brother passed away four years ago from lymphoma.
- I have taught for seven years and was a parent educator for Parents as Teachers for 19 years.
- I had dermoids the size of grapefruits on each ovary. Yikes!
- I have been to 47 states.
- I lived in the Dominican Republic one winter. I have also lived in Vancouver, B.C., Edmonton, Alberta, Buffalo N.Y., Charlotte, N.C., Chicago, Il., just to name a few of the biggies.
- I am working on my +40 hours after my Master's degree.
- I am taking golf lessons.
- I am double jointed.
- I work part-time at Anthropologie.
- My dad was head of the English department for a university. (I still remember we could not use the word "ain't" growing up because at that time it was not in the dictionary! Does that date me? :) )
Here are the blogs I would like to nominate for the Liebster Award. Be sure to check them out for they are fabulous!
- What's the most exciting thing you have ever done?
- If you could learn one new thing easily, what would you choose?
- Sweet or Salty?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What was the last good book you read for fun?
- Where is your favorite vacation spot?
- What is your favorite season?
- What is your favorite beverage?
- What is your favorite T.V. show?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- What is one thing one your bucket list?