Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May Budding Blog: Linky

I happened upon this linky while downloading a fabulous freebie from Danielle Lunney over at Apples, Ink, and Mischief (Don't you love that name!) Then, I saw it again on Lacey's blog at Challenges Make Life Interesting.  The linky is hosted by Jess at I {heart} Recess 
I thought I needed to join in.....so here it goes.  :)

 1. Why did you start blogging?
I originally started blogging about two months ago.  I have followed several teaching blogs for awhile and was so inspired by their creativity, generosity, and sense of community and wanted to be a part of that.   I am no tech expert so it has pretty much been trial and error. 
2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
I teach special ed pre-k so I cover most everything.  I think, though, that my learning time activities are my favorite.  I can incorporate interactive whiteboard activities, art, science, etc. into my lessons.  My little ones get so excited about learning.  It is fun (and rewarding) to watch.
 3. Describe your teaching style.
With my students I need to be very structured and follow a routine that allows them to know what to expect.  Surprisingly it takes little time for my sweeties to get it.  I try to instill a sense of family in my class.  We care for and take care of each other.  I want school to feel like a safe and loving place to be. 
4. Give three interesting facts about you.
·      I have a part-time job at Anthropologie.  I should give it up because it seems like I don’t have a second to spare, but I love the company and the people I work with at the store.
·      I moved my daughter to Arizona a year ago after she graduated from college, where she now teaches middle school.
·      I am starting to take additional graduate hours past my Master’s degree.
 5. Do you have a TpT store? If yes, post the link :)
Yes, I have both TpT and Teacher’s Notebook stores.  

Thank you Jess for allowing me to showcase my blog.

Thanks for reading!  Have a great day.  :)






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking! I am excited to find a Preschool Blog, I have a four year old (also a 6 yo and a 1 yo) that I plan to do Mom-school with this summer :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow special ed. preschool. You must have a lot of patience and like you said above, structure.
    I enjoyed reading your post. I'm a new follower.

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete