Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Friday, October 2, 2015

Apples Aplenty!

 I'm a week behind, but still wanted to share our apple activities from the past couple of weeks.
We had a great time making apple stamp prints.  Sometimes it's the process and not necessarily the final product, right?!?  These sweetie pies loved painting with apples!


We used apple stickers to count in our ten frame books.  I hit the jackpot at Target $1 Spot right before school started and snagged these….
If I didn't have the stickers, I would have used bingo dot markers, which is always a treat for my little ones.
We learned about the life cycle of an apple, and then made a take home book using small paper plates.
The concept of 'same or different' is very difficult for my little loves.  We worked on this skill with these cards.   
Then, I checked mastery level with a individual student sheet.  They had to color 'thumbs up' if the apples were the same or 'thumbs down' if they were different. 
We celebrated all our apple learning with an 'Apple Fun Day' at a local park near our school.
We played baseball.
Used a parachute to send an apple high in the air.
 Had an apple obstacle course race.
And then, drank apple juice on a merry-go-round!  It was a fantastic day!

I just finished up my 'Apples Aplenty: Math and Literacy Apple Activities' and recently posted it on TpT.  The learning activities from this post and much, much more are included!
 You can find it HERE.
Thanks for reading!  Have a great day.  :)


5 comments:

  1. I loved seeing all of the apple pictures. My daughter had apple day at school yesterday and was so proud of a little counting book she made. Have a great weekend!
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your apple activities!! I really like the ten frame book! I will need to check out my local Target as our teacher center closed and it is hard to find stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun ten frame activity! It is interesting to see, since I teach second, how the early awareness and work with tens start!
    Bex
    Reading and Writing Redhead

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm teaching pre k this year and love reading all your posts. Do you have a lesson plan template that you sell on TPT?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy: I would be more than happy to email you what I use.

    ReplyDelete