Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Saturday, October 31, 2015

Bats, Monsters, and Baseball!

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.
Last weekend my family celebrated my mom's birthday.  She's a huge Royals' fan, so we surprised her with Royals playoff tickets.  This is how she found out she was going to the game... 
Here is my mom and one of my sisters at the game.  She LOVED it!

Since this was the week before Halloween, we celebrated with some sensory/fine motor fun!
The little ones loved playing in and cutting 'monster hair' {cooked spaghetti noodles}.
They gathered 'eyeballs' {ping pong balls and pom poms}with scissor spoons and tongs.
They cut play dough with scissors {more 'monster' hair} and hid and then found jack-o-lantern mini erasers in kinetic sand. {a new favorite}
We voted on our favorite shape and then turned them into bats.
The littles are getting SO good at cutting.  Check out the concentration!
I love how these turned out!
After reading 'There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bat', we answer comprehension questions.
I put the questions on the TeamBoard and everyone had a clipboard and individual paper to follow along as we went through each question.
They did a wonderful job.
This is one of the activities from my pack available HERE.
It's on sale, along with all my products this weekend.  Everything is 20% off.  Click HERE to take you to my store.
Another favorite story of our class is 'Go Away Big Green Monster'.  We read the book, and then retold the story with a puppet.
We then painted paper plates green and when they were dry…
we created our own very special green monsters.
We used our favorite color for his mouth and number of teeth for our age.  A balloon nose, pipe cleaner ears, yellow eyes, and strips of purple felt for hair.
My favorite part is how they all turned out unique!

Link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching and let us know about your Five for Friday!

Thanks for reading!  Have a Happy and safe Halloween!  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment