Groundhog Day Activities
· Groundhog Color Matching Activity: Students match the groundhogs by color. To add more of a challenge, use the color sight words. Use with coordinating color cups and pom-poms and have the groundhogs “hide in the matching burrow. A black and white ink saving option is also available.
· Groundhog Colors Student Sheet: Two versions are available, depending on the level of your learner.
· Groundhog, Groundhog, What Color Do You See? Emergent reader that focuses on color words in the same repetitive text as Brown Bear. Two versions are available.
· Groundhog Shadow File Folder Game: Students match the groundhogs to the correct shadows. Can also be used as a cookie sheet activity instead.
· Groundhog Shape Shadow Match Memory Game: Students match pairs of groundhogs by shape and shadow in a memory type game. The cards can also be used in a pocket chart. Print on cardstock, laminate, and cut apart.
· Groundhog Shape Match Student Sheet: Students cut and glue the matching shape on this take home sheet.
· “Will Phil See His Shadow?” Graphing Activity: Two versions are available. One with the word Phil and one with Groundhog. Class Chart pieces are included, as well as individual student graphing sheet.
· Groundhog Ten Frame Cards: Students match numbers 0-10 with ten frame cards.
· Where is the Groundhog? Positional Word Activity: Practice positional words “on, under, between, above, below, and next to” with this fun cut and glue the groundhog activity. Choose from color or black and white.
· Groundhog Day Emergent Reader: A simple reader to explain Groundhog Day to little learners.
· Groundhog Crown: Pattern and pictures for students to make their own headband/crown announcing whether the groundhog saw its shadow or not.
· Groundhog Alphabet Recognition Game: Upper and lowercase groundhog cards are provided, along with groundhog cards to play in a pocket chart. Students who name the letters correctly or name a word that has the letter in it will check to see if there is a groundhog hiding behind the card. Students can trade the cards in for a reward of your choice!
This pack is 50% off through the 19th of January. You can find my pack HERE. Or click on the picture below to take you to my store.
Thanks for reading! Have a great day. :)