Brown Bear Retelling Pack What’s Included:
• Vocabulary cards to use in a pocket chart
• Three levels of Essential Questions to use to assess comprehension and ‘wh’ questions
• Sequencing activities to help learners retell the story, also available at multiple levels to help differentiate according to the level of your learner
• Interactive Emergent Readers, available in three levels. Students can match colors, read color words, and write a word in the sentence. Pick the level that best fits the needs of your learners.
• Class Book template with ideas included.
• Color the Room activity with additional ideas included to make it a write the room for more advanced learning
• Question cards with varying degree of difficulty to be used individually or as small or large group activities
• Retelling cards/puppet pieces that can be attached to Popsicle sticks or hole punched/strung with yarn and worn as a necklace to actively engage young learners as they retell the story or hold up pieces while the story is read.
Sequencing sheets where the little learners cut and glue the pictures to retell the story.
However, if you have some students that are not at that level yet, you can use this type of sheet instead.
Little ones can find and color the picture according to the question asked.
There are three levels of interactive readers to choose from. This allows for differentiation among students with the same type activity.
There are also three levels of essential questions to assess comprehension of the story along with 'wh' questions.
There are question cards that can be laminated and cut apart to use as individual, small or large group activities. The questions are asked with varying degrees of difficulty, which allows each child to be successful and challenged.
There is a 'color the room' activity that can easily be made into a 'write the room' activity.
These cards can also be used to play a memory type game.
Vocabulary cards can be used in a pocket chart.
Puppet Retelling Pieces allow for students to be actively involved during the reading of or the retelling of the story.
A class book template is also included.
I don't know about you, but any class book we make is quickly a favorite on our bookshelf. Little ones take ownership and pride in their work! I truly love seeing that while listening to them 'read'.
The pack is on sale for $2.75. I hope you check it out and leave me some feedback of your thoughts! Click HERE or on the above picture to take you to my store.
Thanks for reading! Have a great day. :)