Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Friday, November 7, 2014

Sensory Sensations!

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.
This week was filled with a lot of sensory experiences.
Shaving cream play is always fun.  Some little ones LOVE the experience….
others aren't so sure……{at first}
 But, either way, a good time was had by all.
Play-doh was also part of our sensory sensations.
We have been exploring trees, so we brought in some twigs from outside to make our own forests.
After reading 'Little Red Hen', we painted paper plates red…
 some little ones jumped right in….
others needed a little hand over hand action to get started.  :)
 
The next day, we glued all the pieces on the plates to construct our own little red hens.
I think they turned out pretty adorable….
I always love it when we read a story and during free play my sweeties choose to re-read the story themselves.  :)
To end the week, we celebrated what foods grow on trees by making a fruit pizza with another class.  
 Everyone got a turn to cut up fruit,
peel apples,
 and taste the deliciousness.
It was a great way to end our week!
How was your week?  Link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share.

Thanks for reading!  Have a great day.  :)







4 comments:

  1. Hi! Love your Little Red Hen Artwork! We are getting ready to do that book, and I was wondering if you could recommend a specific version? I teach PreK students with developmental disabilities and speech/language impairments. The version that I have is the Golden Books version, but I didn't know if there was a less wordy version out there that you know of. It's hard to tell on amazon.com...
    Happy Fall! Thanks for sharing your ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the version by Paul Gauldon. You can even get a CD version to play along. My kids love listening to the story over and over.

      Delete
  3. The little red hens are too cute! Wow, you had a busy week! My hat is off to you for working with those little littles! When I taught third grade I would use shaving cream for kids to practice their spelling words or do math problems!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete