Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Friday, August 30, 2013

All About Me! 5 for Friday!

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the weekly Five for Friday weekly linky party.
We have been having so much fun with our 'All About Me' theme this week. We made self portraits and introduced the concept of alliteration after reading "A My Name Is".  Most of my older sweeties were able to tell me something they liked that started with the same sound as their first name.  If not, I would give a couple of suggestions and let them choose. This idea came from Deanna Jump's Literacy and Math Fun With Names unit.  I think they are adorable!
We also made rainbow names with ribbon.  I wrote the letters in rainbow colors using markers.  My little ones then glued the ribbon on the corresponding color letter.  This not only turned out to be a great matching activity for my sweeties just learning colors, but added a fun fine motor twist, too.
We put together these 'All About Me Pennants' which are available for FREE from my Teachers pay Teachers and Teachers Notebook stores.
I know I have said this before, but it is so true!  I work with the most amazing people in the world.  They offer me love and support each and every day.  I came to school to find these beauties waiting for me............just because.  I love my co-workers.  :)
And last, but not least, I am so looking forward to this three day weekend! Saturday will be the first game of my Tigers football season.  We have season tickets and to be honest, the tailgating with good peeps is just as much fun as the game. :)  Go Tigers!
What is your Five for Friday?  Link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share your week!
Thanks for reading!  Have a great day.  :)
Freebie Fridays

3 comments:

  1. My son's family are all Mizzou fans. They are excited too. Go tigers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great ideas and freebies. How sweet of your co-workers to bring you flowers. Lucky you.

    Lipstick and Learning

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your All About Me People. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete