- HANG IN THERE! IT WILL GET EASIER. :)
- BE CONSISTENT! Your year will go much smoother if you have your discipline plan in place. I like Harry and Rosemary Wong's book 'How to Become an Effective Teacher: The First Days of School. This book takes you step by step to help you set up your classroom management plan.
- Don't feel like you have to do it all. Take one day at a time. Do what you can and remember that even the most experienced teachers feel overwhelmed from time to time.
- Ask for help! Teachers are amazing collaborators and most will be very happy to help you with discipline ideas, lesson plans, etc.
- Parents can be your greatest asset. Take time to cultivate a good relationship with the parents of your students. Good communication is the key.
Thanks for reading! Have a great day. :)