Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dynamite Dinosaur Activities!

Here are a few activities we worked on last week.  During circle time, we matched colors and shapes with a dinosaur theme.  We even worked on beginning sounds of words by sorting objects by sounds.                        


These objects are from Lakeshore Learning.  The little ones love them.  :)  We started off with the last two sounds we have learned.  Our school uses Handwriting Without Tears to teach handwriting.  That is also the order of letter sounds I introduce.                  During learning time, we worked on measuring with Unifix cubes, as well as rhyming activities.  When I first introduce rhyming, I use actual objects.  I feel like it holds their attention better.  I just gathered objects from around my house and the classroom.  The little learners placed the matching object on the volcano from a choice of two.  By only giving them two choices in the beginning, it helps ensure success.
 Here are some of my sweeties working hard at rhyming.  These little ones are only 3!  I love that the others watching seemed to be engaged, as well.  :)

Here are a few more photos of measuring our dinosaurs.  They are really getting the hang of it!
Fellow teachers, how do you work on rhyming?  I know it is developmental, but it seems like there is so much pressure to introduce this skill so the little ones are ready for kindergarten.  I would love to hear your ideas and suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment