Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Saturday, April 18, 2015

Five Senses: Part 2!


Yippee!  I actually think I will be on time for my Five for Friday offered by Doodle Bugs Teaching this week.
We continued our 'Five Senses' theme.  Take a look at some of our activities.
For our sense of smell, we made these flowers…
 
We glued stems and then added flowers by scrunching up tissue paper squares.
Then, we sprayed the flowers to make them smell good.
The final product……
Another activity that required us to rely on our sense of smell was smelling different scents and then trying to guess what it was…
I used a combination of real foods, extracts, and flavorings on cotton balls inside small containers.
Then, the sweet ones used a bingo dot marker to show what it was.
If you would like a copy of the 'What's That Smell?' page click HERE or on the page above.  It is also available as a freebie in the preview of my 'Learning About My Five Senses' pack available at my TpT store.
For our sense of taste, we conducted a taste test.  Different foods we tried included lemons, pickles, pretzels, Hot Tamales, Sour Patch Kids, Hershey Kisses, and bittersweet chocolate.
Each sweetie had a happy/sad face to show if they liked the food item or not.  We tallied and decided if more or less people liked each item.
As you can see not everyone liked all the food we tried, but I was so proud that they at least tried all!
One of our culminating activities was playing a five senses game using 'What's In Ned's Head?' and a lotto game from Lakeshore.
  
We also made a five sense bear that focuses on each of the senses.

Love these!
To assess the learning of my little loves, they cut and glued pictures according to the sense it requires us to use most.
They did fabulous!  This page is in my 'Learning About My Five Senses' pack available at TpT.
Our school was lucky enough to have Matt Glover join us for an in-service to show how to introduce our preschoolers to book making.  
I have heard Matt speak several times, but this was the first time I saw him actually do a lesson with little ones.  It was pretty amazing! 
Link up your week with Doodle Bugs Teaching or head on over there to read more!
Thanks for reading!  Have a great day  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment