Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Sunday, March 29, 2015

Bunnies, Chicks, & Jelly Beans!

Yikes!  I did it again.  It's Sunday evening and the weekend has flown by with nary a post from me about what we did in class this past week.  So, without further ado, here is my Five for Friday (on Sunday) offered by Doodle Bugs Teaching.
 We began the week making these adorable bunnies by gluing on Marshmallows after tracing around a template with a black marker.
 We then added a pom pom nose and circles for eyes.
 I love how they turned out.
We also made chicks by gluing on a cracked egg shell over an oval.  We then added wiggle eyes, feathers, grass, and decorations for the egg shells.
{I forgot to get an unclose picture, so I tried to zoom from my door photo, so please forgive that they are blurry!}
We sorted and graphed jelly beans {a favorite activity of the littles}
It's always nice to sneak in a little learning when the learners just think they are having fun!
Speaking of jelly beans, we did a few more things with them this week….
I was so pleasantly surprised when my afternoon sweetie pies actually were able to read color words with no cues or prompting while sorting by color.  It was amazing!  They are going to be so ready for kindergarten in the fall!
Another great activity was finding the same/different jelly beans from a freebie by Kate and Fun in ECSE.  
And last, but not least, we decorated bags and went on an egg hunt at the end of the week.
Up next…..spring break!!!
Thanks for reading!  Have a great day.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Cute chick art! I love the 3D effect of the Easter grass!

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute arts and crafts! Easter activities are always so much fun. If you ever need more activity ideas/preschool advice check out the Star-Brite Learning Program blog! :) www.star-brite.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. From my experience interactive methods is really important in teaching, especially foreign languages when you abroad. You might be interested professionalessayuk.com, here's a lot of useful information.

    ReplyDelete