Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Day the Crayons Quit {Freebie}

I am linking up with Deanna Jump's 'Let's Talk About Books' linky.  This week I want to share with you "The Day The Crayons Quit' by Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers. 
 I read this book to my kids at the beginning of the year and they loved it.
I blogged about in last September.  You can read my original post HERE.
The book is about a boy's box of crayons going on strike because of various reason (they are used too much, not enough, only to outline, or in the case of orange and yellow, they each think they should be the color of the sun).  Here are a few excerpts….



This book is really funny and opens the door to quite a few persuasive writing ideas.  
I also made a PowerPoint Presentation of Essential Questions to use after reading the story.  I put it up on my Teamboard and take turns having little ones come up to answer questions.  It is interactive, so all they have to do is touch the picture and the correct answer will appear.  It's a good way to check comprehension.  You can pick it up for free at my Teachers pay Teachers store HERE or from my original post.


I hope you enjoy it and would love any feedback.
Thanks for reading!  Have a great day.  :)



4 comments:

  1. What a cute book- I can think of so many ways to use it! Definitely adding it to my wish list! Thanks so much!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great book for beginning of the year. I use a lot of different books when introducing my journals and this one would be fabulous when we start talking about illustrations! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun book! I read it when we read The Crayon Box that Talked. Both have great discussion, art and writing potential.

    ReplyDelete