Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Sunday, October 18, 2015

All Things Pumpkins!

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a peek at this week's activities.
This week has been 'all things pumpkin'.  
Our Pumpkin theme was used to work on color identification as well as coloring in a designated space.
The littles worked really hard on this.
We also used shapes we have been learning to make jack-o-lanterns.  After pulling a shape from a box, each learner found the shape in their tray and placed it on the pumpkin for eyes, nose, or mouth.
These cards and student recording sheet were used to work on shape identification. I have been pleasantly surprised with how well my sweeties are learning uncommon shapes, such as trapezoid, and pentagon.  They are rock stars!
We used the poem "Five Little Pumpkins" to learn about ordinal numbers.
They pointed to and/or identified the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth pumpkin.
Everyone then made their own 'Five Little Pumpkins' poem.
I love how they turned out.
 
We also made sun catcher pumpkins by brushing liquid starch onto wax paper, adding different colors of tissue paper squares, and  then brushing a layer of liquid starch over the tissue paper.
After it dried, we placed a cut out pumpkin shape over the colorful squares….
 
They took great pride in their work and comment often about how beautiful the pumpkins are.
We also got in a little fine motor work by hammering golf t's into pumpkins.
Every year, this is a favorite!
I just posted my Pumpkin Math Activities Pack that includes many of this week's activities.  If you are interested, you can find it HERE.

 
Thanks for reading!  Have a great day.  :)

1 comment:

  1. We worked on oridinal numbers this week in kindergarten too! I was surprised with how much my kidlets struggled with it this year. They must not have talked about it in our preschool.

    I also really love your tissue paper pumpkins! Cute idea!

    Carlee Van Ness
    The Kindergarten Press

    ReplyDelete