Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Friday, October 4, 2013

Leaves, Grandparents, and Five, Oh My!

It's Friday, so that means another Five for Friday hosted by Doodle Bugs Teaching!
This week was CRAZY busy and to top it off I was sick right in the middle of it.  Anyhoo, let's get down to it.
We started the week with a 'leaves' theme.  There are so many things to do with this that it is hard to narrow it down.  We made these rakes and leaves art projects.  I think they turned out pretty darn cute.

The little ones had to tear the construction paper into leaf size pieces.  That is such a hard thing for many of my sweeties, but is great for fine motor development.
I am so lucky to have i-Pads in my room.  They were updated recently, so we spent some time learning about some of our new apps.
The class is never so quiet when the i-Pads are in use!
We had 'Grandparents'/Special Persons' Day on Thursday.  To get ready for this big event we read "How to Babysit a Grandpa" and then made these adorable portraits of what we think we will look like when we are grandparents. I got the idea from Deanna Jump's 100 Days of School Pack.  We added pearl necklaces and earrings for the ladies and buttons on the shirts for the guys.



I started back to school for the fall semester.  I am taking some online classes as well as face to face classes.  I think the class I am most eager to learn about is one on Common Core State Standards.
We read "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves" this week.  I love it when I read a story and then later hear one of my sweeties retelling the story as he/she looks through the book.  That's exactly what happened today.  It made me so happy! I captured the moment with my camera.

As part of our 'leaves' theme, I made an "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves" Essential Questions/Retelling Pack available on TpT and TN.  It includes retelling props and cut and paste activity, essential questions, an emergent reader, and vocabulary words.  To go along with the essential questions, I made a PowerPoint presentation to use on my interactive whiteboard.  If you would like a copy click on the picture below.
Head over to Doodle Bugs Teaching to link up your own Five for Friday!
Thanks for reading!  Have a great weekend.  :)


Freebie Fridays

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

2 comments:

  1. Love the art activity with the leaves! You're right...they have such a hard time using all of those little muscles to tear paper, but get so excited when they see they can do it!

    Ashley
    Tacky the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute activities! I'm envious of your iPads... I'd love to have at least one in my classroom! Good luck with your courses. I did the same a couple of years ago, and remember how much work it is on top of teaching!

    ~Erin
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete